Home remedies for being sick. Some sick days are so bad yet you still want to avoid the horror of going to the doctor’s office.
Some things such as the common cold can be treated at home with simple bed rest and care.
Here’s how to do so:
- If you have a high fever: put a cloth soaked in cold ice water on your forehead.
- Soak your head with bay rum or limacol.
- Cover up with a thick blanket, turn off the fan or ac and sweat out your fever.
- 1 tsp. Honey and a few drops of lime 3 times a day is said to help sore throat.
- Sleep. Sometimes sleep is the best remedy. It gives your body a chance to rest and fight off the infection.
- Tea: ginger tea, orange peel tea, lemon grass tea and many others are known to help with sore throat, cough and fever.
- Put vicks on your throat and chest nd wrap it with a cloth before you go to bed to help with sore throats.
However If your symptoms persist or become worst you should still go see a doctor.