I am notorious for being impatient. When I want something I want it right away. It usually stems from my excitement or desire to know something. And once something is on my mind, there’s no getting rid of it.
Luckily I’ve been able to discover some coping mechanisms to distract me even if it’s for a short period of time:
- Read a book. Books are like magical worlds we see in our mind. This is usually a good distraction. It however creates the new problem of being impatient to discover the conclusion of the book.
- Binge watch a show. Watching episodes of shows definately takes your mind off things.
- Go for a walk/hike. Engage in nature and be far away from the element causing the impatientness.
- Call some friends. Talking to friends gets you interested in something else.
- Draw. Distract yourself by drawing and or painting. You can even use this to express your feelings of frustrating of waiting.
- Cook or bake. Food is always a good distraction. From making the food to eating it your mind is occupied for quite some time!